Thursday, November 30, 2017

What the @!¢%*# is GURPS

Timothy Brannan posted about Dragon Magazine's issue #111.

He put up a copy of the big ad for GURPS from the issue:



I still pretty much feel like that's the reaction when I explain my hobby or my writing to non-hobbyists or casual hobbyists. As if explaining tabletop RPGs isn't hard enough, I have to explain it's an acronym, what the acronym is, etc. Some of my friends and acquaintances are still convinced I write manuals for video games.

4 comments:

  1. ...we're NOT writing manuals for video games?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We might be, given a long enough timeline and some eventual licensing deals . . .

      Delete
  2. That's a pretty good ad.
    I'd be happy to share.
    I'd encourage SJ Games to do a minimal update to 2017 and get fans to push it around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually just call my game “D&D” to the hoi polloi, which is close enough.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...